PROSPECTUS OF THE MARXIST-LENINIST GROUP (MLG)
11. The MLG is a revolutionary organisation which stands for the overthrow of capitalism on a world scale, and the establishment of socialism, the first step towards a classless society.
22. The MLG is an organisation which calls for, and seeks to prepare for, the construction of a Marxist vanguard party in the context of the nation state of Australia. We oppose all other types of parties and organisations, especially those dominated by conservatism, reformism, liberalism, opportunism, class collaborationism, electoralism and parliamentarism. Only a Marxist vanguard party will be capable of confronting and overcoming the enormous task of leading the proletariat, at the head of all of the oppressed, towards and beyond the seizure of state power.
33. The MLG is Marxist-Leninist in ideology. We seek to learn from the experience of Stalinism, Trotskyism and Maoism, while not embracing any as complete systems. We seek to learn from all historical attempts at building a Marxist vanguard party, but a pre-eminent position is accorded to the Bolshevik Party led by V.I. Lenin.
44. The MLG recognises the proletariat, or the working class, as the only revolutionary class under capitalism. All political activity is geared towards safeguarding and advancing its core interests. While we attempt to win over some elements of other classes to the cause of socialism, at no stage can the socialist movement be politically subordinated to the interests of other intermediate classes such as the middle class and the petty bourgeoisie.
55. The MLG seeks to assist in the accomplishment of the ultimate protection of workers – the construction of a workers republic, or workers state. The MLG therefore recognises and defends the existing workers’ states – the People’s Republic of China, the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, the Republic of Cuba, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and the Lao People’s Democratic Republic. Historically, the MLG recognises and defends previous workers states, including the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, and the workers states of the former Eastern Bloc. The building of solidarity with existing workers’ states is primarily carried out with the aim of inspiring workers to establish an Australian workers republic.
66. The MLG opposes imperialism in all its forms, whether this is political, diplomatic, economic, military or otherwise. The Australian state is an imperialist state in its own right, as well as remaining a part of US led imperialism. Imperialism and its wars must be opposed and struggled against, principally by utilising the power of the working class.
77. The MLG supports Trade Unions as the basic organisation of defence of the working class. We stand for militant and political class struggle Unions. This struggle involves challenging the pro-capitalist leadership of Trade Unions, while standing with the rank and file members.
88. The MLG recognises that as long as private property exists, women’s liberation will not be achieved. Women’s liberation is an essential part of the struggle for socialism, as is the struggle against all discrimination against Lesbian, Gay Men, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex people.
9. The MLG recognises that the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people were the original inhabitants and custodians of Australia. The genocide and dispossession of the first people remains a monumental crime. The MLF supports all struggles of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for the recognition of sovereignty and elementary social justice.
. 10. Capitalism has all but destroyed the environmental conditions necessary for human habitation on planet Earth. The MLG accepts that efforts to stem environmental desecration remain important, while recognising the political limitations of much of the environmental movement. To seriously address ecological destruction, socialism will first have to emerge victorious.
111. Refugees and asylum seekers are especially persecuted by the Australian government, as a part of their strategy to divide workers against each other. The MLF stands for full citizenship rights for all those who have made it to Australian soil.
112. The MLF seeks to build class struggle social movements. The interests of the working class must be foremost at all times. The politics of the movement must not be subordinated to, or accommodate, non-working class forces.